- 1. In regards to all operations handling personal information and to the handling of the personal information of employees, etc., The Company will strictly comply with the laws, government policies, and other rules regarding the handling of personal information. Further, The Company has established a Personal Information Protection Management System in compliance with the Japan Industry Standard “Personal Information Protection Management Systems-Requirements” (JIS Q 15001) to protect personal information.
- 2. In regards to the acquisition and use of personal information, The Company will designate the purposes for using said personal information and shall not handle said personal information in a manner that exceeds that required to achieve the designated purpose of use (use for purposes other than the original intent). In addition, appropriate control measures will be established to prevent use for purposes other than the original intent.
- 3.The Company will not disclose acquired personal information to a third party except with the permission of the individual or as required by law.
- 4. If The Company receives complaints or inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, The Company will quickly investigate the facts of the matter and shall make a response in good faith within a rational time period.
- 5. The Company has established organizational, personnel, physical, and technical safety measures to appropriately manage the acquired personal information to prevent and rectify personal information leaks, loss, and harm to an individual’s reputation.
- 6. The Company will continue to review its personal information protection management system in consideration of changes in the social circumstances and environment to improve the handling of personal information protection.
Established: March 1, 2005
Revised: September 18, 2012
Revised: May 16, 2017
Revised: May 23, 2018
President: Kazuhiko OTANI
HTB-BCD Travel Ltd.
HTB-BCD travel, Ltd., Complaint Inquiries Desk
TEL: 03-6262-8039(Reception hours: Weekdays 9:00 – 17:30 Japan Standard Time UTC+9 )
Handling of Personal Information
1. Personal information purposes of use
The Company uses personal information as required for the following operations and to achieve the purposes of use.
- Operations related to travel arrangements
- All operations related to the above
- Purposes of use
- For travel and tour arrangements
- For airline ticket, boarding tickets, and accommodation arrangements
- For arrangements relating to applying for and receiving passports and visas
- For arrangements related document for immigration
- For arrangements for adding travel insurance
- For arrangements related to foreign exchange commercial operations
- For escort operations
- For transportation operations
- For services provided by travel companies, etc., contracting with the Company and for the procedures for receiving those services
- For handling customer inquiries and applications
- For the purposes of use in 1. to 10. above when handling outsourced arrangements for travel, etc.
- For providing information regarding the services and campaigns offered by the Company and its partner companies
- For requesting cooperation with questionnaire surveys after participating in travel
- For creating statistical materials
- For use in the Company hiring
- For employee employment management
- In addition to the above, for when an individual purpose of use is stated, to achieve that purpose of use
2. Provision of personal information to a third party
Personal information acquired from the mailing or submission of documents, the sending of data and other electronic media, or orally will be provided to third parties within the scope of the purposes of use specified in 1. to 14. above. In regards to 15. to 17. above, permission from the individual will be obtained in each case as required. The acquired personal information will not be provided to a third party without the permission of the individual except as required by law; when there is a possible threat to the life, health, or property of the individual or the public; or when the information regarding the officers or shareholders of a corporation or group, including information regarding the corporation or group, has already been made public or has been announced in accordance with the law by the individual, corporation, or group, including information regarding corporations and other groups.
|Provision Destination||Information Provided||Purpose|
|Travel planning and operating companies||Name, sex, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.||For travel and tour arrangements|
|Accommodation organizations||Name, sex, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.||For accommodation arrangements|
|Airlines and transportation organizations||Name, sex, address, telephone number, date of birth, etc.||For arrangements for airline tickets and boarding tickets|
|Insurance companies||Name, sex, address, telephone number, disclosure content, etc.||For insurance applications|
|Passport office||Name, sex, address, passport No., nationality, permanent domicile, etc.||To act as an agent for passport application|
|Embassy||Name, sex, address, passport No., nationality, permanent domicile, etc.||To act as an agent for visa application|
3. Personal information delegation
Personal information may be delegated to other company, including foreign company, for the delegated task within the scope of the above purposes of use.
4. Note regarding the provision of personal information
The provision of personal information by the customer is voluntary, but since it is required to make travel arrangements, if it is not provided by the customer, it might not be possible to smoothly and correctly make the arrangements for the travel applied for by the customer.
5. Procedures for disclosure, correction, etc.
If an individual requests disclosure of the personal information he or she has provided; notification of the purposes of use; correction, etc., to his or her personal information because of a factual error in the disclosed personal information; stoppage of use; or stoppage of provision to a third party (hereinafter “disclosure, etc.”); or submits and inquiry or complaint, the Company will take action as follows.
- To request disclosure, etc. of the personal information the customer has provided to Hitachi Travel Bureau, please refer to Details Regarding Requests for Disclosure, Etc.
- For complaints regarding the handling of personal information by the Company,
please telephone or otherwise contact the Complaints & Inquiries Desk given below.
6. Cookies and Web beacons
The Company utilizes Cookies and Web beacon for the purpose of improvement for users’ satisfaction and convenience of this website services and contents. You can change your browser setting to reject Cookies or to display a warning when you receive Cookies. Please see the description of your browser for more information. You can reject Web beacons by rejection of Cookies. However when you set rejection of Cookies, it may be impossible to utilize whole or part of this website service.
7. Google Analytics
Google Analytics opt-out add-on
Google Analytics terms of service：
8. If you are a resident in EEA (European Economic Area), please refer this section.
8.1 Collection and processing of personal data
- The personal data will be processed for the following purpose; Please refer “1.2 Purpose of use”
8.2 Justification of processing data
The Company will process personal data based on one of legal bases provided for in the GDPR. There are three grounds most likely to be relevant to processing data within The Company:
- The individual has given their consent to the processing;
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contact;
- The processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests of the data controller.
8.3 Sharing personal data
The Company will not provide this data to other parties with whom The Company does not have a process agreement, except when legally required and permitted or where the individual’s permission is obtained within the scope of the use described above. Please refer (Table 2-1)
8.4 Regarding transfer of personal data to the outside of the EEA
Providing personal data to The Company whose headquarter is located in Japan will be transfer to the outside the EEA. Outside the EEA, a country does not have the same data protection laws as the EEA and many of the rights provided in the EEA to the data subjects of the data will not be provided necessarily. Based on GDPR, sufficient measures concerning the protection of personal data are being implemented by The Company, but consent of the user is necessary for transfer. Th e Company considers that a customer consents personal data transfer to the outside the EEA in case where a customer applies by him/herself, or in case where, based on customer’s consent, an alternate person provides customer’s personal data on behalf of a customer or a partner company of The Company provides customer’s personal data through the certain route.
8.5 Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
As a data subject, you have different rights regard to your personal data. For example, you have the right to withdraw your consent, to request inspection, deletion, or correction of your data, to object to the processing your data, and the right of data portability.
8.6 Technical and Organizational Measures
The Company has taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data from unlawful processing.;
・People who can access data are limited and confidentiality is obliged.
・The Company complies with a user name and password policy for systems access.
・The Company protects personal data with password, if necessary.;
・The Company backups personal data in order to be able to recover it in the event of physical or technical incidents.
・The Company regularly tests and evaluates the measures
・The Company’s employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
8.7 Retention periods
The Company does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
For Inquires regarding the Handling of Personal Information
HTB-BCD Complaints Inquiries Desk
- TEL:03-6262-8039 (Reception hours: Weekdays 09:00 to 17:30 Japan Standard Time UTC+9 ))
Personal Information Protection Manager
General Manager of Administration Department